Tuesday 7 June 2011

Leaf-cutter bee

Never has there been a time when I've been a little in two minds about wanting a species of bee to visit the garden. More the merrier has always been my attitude - until now. If you'd seen how much damage this leaf-cutter bee has done to the leaves of the climbing rose, you may also be in two minds. But, on balance, I'm very glad to see this bee visiting the garden. It is undeniably fascinating to watch it at work, ploughing through the leaves of your favourite plants. I'm just thankful they aren't here in large numbers. It's been such a cold and grey day today that, when not much else was flying, I was quite surprised to see it out and about.



Leaf-Cutter Bee (Megachile centuncularis)

















Until next time,
Claude
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment