Wednesday 18 May 2011

And so it begins...with hoverflies.

Welcome!


Almost exactly a year ago I picked up my camera. In no time at all I found that I was most comfortable photographing wildlife. These were some of the first pictures I snapped whilst out in our SE London garden last spring and summer (2010). Being a cat, I had no concept of aperture or shutter speed. Therefore almost all of these pictures were taken using the 'point, click, and hope for the best' technique.


Episyrphus balteatus (m)




Episyrphus balteatus (m)




Episyrphus balteatus (m)



Myothropa florea (f)




Epistrophe melanostoma (m)




Episyrphus balteatus (f)




Episyrphus balteatus (m)




Eupeodes luniger (f)




Eupeodes latifasciatus (m)


I think I may have some other pictures of hoverflies elsewhere. I shall ask Frank to search the hard drive for me but, in the meantime, I hope that you've enjoyed these ones.

Claude
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment