Thursday 26 May 2011

Incy wincy...

Look away now if you suffer with arachnophobia...

Whilst I absolutely understand why so many people are fearful of them, I'm a big fan of spiders. I could talk about them for hours. I don't think you have to like them to appreciate that their anatomy is utterly fascinating. To be able to regrow lost limbs is a feat much of humanity would be envious of. They don't have muscles - they have hydraulics! And that's just for starters.
I'd love to be able to photograph some of the very tiny spiders I find in the garden but I currently don't have a lens that would do them justice. In the meantime, here are some of my eight-legged friends that I have just about managed to capture on 'film'.





















Until next time,
Claude
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment