Thursday 26 May 2011

Pigeon Street

Many many, times I've heard my friends, the pigeons, referred to in less than glowing terms. 'Flying rats' seems to be a frequent term. I'm at a loss as to why they're so unpopular. Maybe it's because they're successful and adaptable. Who knows. But, nonetheless, I'm shocked at the number of stories I hear about people being despicably cruel towards my feathered friends. Shame on some humans.

This is my friend, Dawdle. Dawdle is easily recognisable by her unusual beak. She seems quite happy in our company and will sit for extended periods on the shed roof, just watching the activity in the garden. Some days she will be in the garden all day. She does have a tendency to dawdle in the pathways, hence her name. We have to shoo her out of the way.
This is her about to have a quick drink in the pond.


Dawdle


Dawdle lives with a few other pigeons, in a makeshift loft in the bell tower of a local school that's just behind our garden. This is a quick snap I took from the backdoor stop of one of Dawdle's loft mates. It was a chilly grey day.






Until next time
Claude
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment